If you have been through a university Conduct Officer or Conduct Board hearing and you would like a review of the assigned sanctions, you can submit a form to appeal the decision. There are time limitations you must follow, please review the step-by-step process if you choose to appeal. Use the outline for the academic integrity process for incidents related to cheating, plagiarism, etc.
About the Appeals Board:
- Your Appeals Board will consist of three members, with the majority of members being your WSU student peers. One member will be appointed as the Chair who takes on responsibility for ensuring you receive a fair and impartial process and is also a voting member. WAC 504-26-115
- Your Appeals Board members have been through a selection process and trained on topics such as due process, burden of proof, cultural competency and implicit bias. WAC 504-26-120
- Prior to your Appeals Board review, your board member names will be provided to you.
- You can also request to have a board member removed with good cause.
- Appeals Board reviews are not held in person.
- The Appeals Board must respond to your Conduct Officer hearing appeal within 20 calendar days or within 30 days if it was a Conduct Board hearing.
- The Appeals Board can uphold the initial decision, reverse it, modify it, or send it back to the Conduct Officer or Conduct Board for additional review. WAC 504-26-420